Mediation Support Project (MSP)
The Mediation Support Project (MSP) is a joint venture between swisspeace and the Center for Security Studies (CSS, ETH Zurich). The project is funded by the Swiss Federal Department of Foreign Affairs (Human Security Division).
The Mediation Support Project (MSP) supports mediators and conflict parties in gaining knowledge and skills for effective peace negotiations.
The MSP Project
- values collaboration and partnership with other peacebuilding and mediation organizations and agencies, with the Swiss Federal Department of Foreign Affairs (FDFA), the United Nations (UN), the European Union (EU), and other organizations involved in peace mediation.
- promotes a comprehensive view of mediation, including the various phases, actors, and topics relevant for sustainable peace processes.
- uses and promotes a gender-sensitive approach.
- connects research, reflection and practice.
The Mediation Support Project values collaboration and partnership with other peacebuilding and mediation organizations and agencies. The following are some of the main institutions we work with.
- Swiss Federal Department of Foreign Affairs (Human Security Division) more
- Geneva Center for Security Policy (GCSP) more
- Fundación para las Relaciones Internacionales y el Diálogo Exterior (FRIDE) more
- Center for Peace Mediation at European University Viadrina, Project Humboldt-Viadrina School of Governance more
- MediatEUr more
- Berghof Foundation for Peace Support more
- HD - Center for Humanitarian Dialogue more
- Mediation Support Unit (MSU), UN Department of Political Affairs (UNDPA) more