The Mediation Support Project (MSP) is a joint venture between swisspeace and the Center for Security Studies (ETH Zurich). The project is funded by the Human Security Division of the Swiss Federal Department of Foreign Affairs (FDFA). MSP supports mediators and conflict parties in gaining knowledge and skills for effective peace negotiations. MSP
- values collaboration and partnership with other peacebuilding and mediation organizations, including the FDFA, the United Nations, the European Union and other actors involved in peace mediation.
- promotes a comprehensive view of mediation, including the various phases, actors, and topics relevant for sustainable peace processes.
- uses and promotes a gender-sensitive approach.
- connects research, reflection and practice.
Since 2008, MSP has been acting as the secretariat of the Mediation Support Network (MSN).
The following are some of the main institutions MSP works with:
- FDFA (Human Security Division) more
- Geneva Center for Security Policy more
- Center for Peace Mediation at European University Viadrina, Project Humboldt-Viadrina School of Governance more
- MediatEUr more
- Berghof Foundation for Peace Support more
- Center for Humanitarian Dialogue more
- Mediation Support Unit of the UN Department of Political Affairs more